Saturday, September 13, 2014

There should be pictures

I am living through pictures that I have taken last summer of flowers, pottery, butterflies,the studio,and the farm, they all slide past me in an arrangement of space and time.
Oh, yeah where does that time go?

I am still burning the highway between me and the school as I fill the gaps left open by my co-teacher, who sadly, will not be joining me this semester. She is ill, very ill and we can only wait and hope that they find out what is wrong and make her better.

After the past month I turned to fellow potters who I know and asked, what are you doing? Could you find some time to teach a class? I feel very fortunate to have had the first two I asked say yes.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This is going to not only help me, but give the students a fresh outlook on what they are doing. Three days is good for me. I could even do another if I had to, but day 5, I am barely there. For the good of all of us, it is better to get the others in place.
I feel good about being part of a team that is going to work at giving the students the best we can.

On the home front as I played MIA in the studio Mark flat out filled a ware cart with pots. There are many of them drying now so we can work through the bisque kiln next and really think about glazing and firing.

It is not easy for him to take both loads while I am gone and the guy has worked like a mad man this past week.

Pitchers, mugs, oil lamps, lamp bases, crocks. He is one busy potter.

Pictures, live in the past with me for now, it's not a bad place to be.




Recent mugs who are looking for homes, except the one in the back middle, it is going to live with someone else soon.
M

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Such busy days for you both! I'm glad you can see light at the end of the tunnel, with the new teachers starting. Hang in there!

Dennis Allen said...

One foot in front of the other. repeat. Thanks for posting

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Awesome butterfly :) Best wishes INDEED!

Sandy Miller said...

Good post....... and we are running as fast as we can.

My daughter called the other day and said; Mom, I running down the tracks and the train is touching my skirts...... I laughed and told her at least your young! LOL!

Good to tap as many friends as necessary!

cookingwithgas said...

Good one Sandy and yes, she is young, This old dog has days I am beat up tired. I don't see that light yet and that train is pulling a whistle at me.

Linda Starr said...

I love zinnias, I am not sure I could swing into full swing right now I admire your stamina, good to see the light at the end of the tunnel.