Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall Break is over

 and it is time for me to pack my lunch, get back in my car, head down the highway, and get back to work.

I have been enjoying some time off. We took off to Virginia, went from the mountains of Charlottlesville, down to the Norfolk, stopped in Raleigh and then home.
We squeezed in a lot of family, took in some trees, found time to pinch all our kids, finish up the guest bedroom, have guest and I did a hunt for all things spider.

 The guest room, handmade lamps and all.
Now, to keep it clean...
 Riding the parkway in Virginia.

Now it's time to hit it and get back to work.

I'll keep you posted.

M

11 comments:

Linda Starr said...

What a nice trip you had, beautiful scenery and the guest bedroom looks super.

Tracey Broome said...

Good recharging time! So glad you had the chance to get away. I am liking this going to work thing, and I am really liking the checks that get deposited in my account :-)
Hope the teaching continues to go well for you, but it is sure cutting into our lunch visits!

Dennis Allen said...

Glad you had a good time.Now that's enough playing around. Get back in there and inspire those kids. Break's over.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and it has been SUCH a pretty fall!

Judy Shreve said...

So good you got to have time to go visit family and friends and you two have to cutest grandkids!
That guest room sure looks inviting . . .

smalltownme said...

Pretty room, pretty scenery. Pretty nice!

Lori Buff said...

That sounds like a really nice vacation, very relaxing. You deserve it.
My guest room is also my packing and shipping room, it’s impossible to keep clean unless you consider boxes, peanuts, and bubble wrap clean.

Shortstuff said...

Can't wait to christen the guest room next month.

Sandy Miller said...

Your post reminds me to take time for "stuff". The guest room looks restful :) finished our guest room last summer and on a whim Butch and slept in there over a weekend! I guess we needed to wake up in the front of the house and call it a stay-cation :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Oh...fall...leaves...drives in the countryside. Sigh. I miss that. Might have to come invite myself to that nice guest room! :) Glad you got a little break.

cookingwithgas said...

You can all come stay, come on, the leaves are really pretty. We might need to try out that guest room...