Monday, November 17, 2014

Up to old tricks

 Yesterday was the last day we had to get the kiln loaded and fired in time for the show this weekend.

It was cold yesterday, with no wind, that made it easier to get it all loaded. We both added a extra layer or two. Mark checked the weather for today and did not like the forecast of wind and thunderstorms. With the no winds to continue overnight, Mark decided that this would be a good time to light up the kiln and pull an all nighter.
He just rolled in to bed as I rolled out . I am off to work this morning as he sleeps.

Here is the kiln load--------back




---------middle



front---------------------------------


















Tree---------
Unloading coming up in a few days.
M

8 comments:

Linda Starr said...

oh that tree, the wind and rain has hit here, I hope your firing went well, tomorrow a high of 30 and low of 10, ugh.

Tracey Broome said...

Ugh, those kiln firings.....l hope it's a good one. Wish I could come to the show, I'm a working girl now :-( sadly no more free weekends....l

smartcat said...

Your kilns always look so elegant! Toes crossed for equally elegant results!
I can see one very red oak from my window, but fall color is mostly over.
Your tree (maple) is wonderful. Love the way it is set in its own space.
Happy teaching!

Michèle Hastings said...

You are a few days ahead of us! We are firing a bisque today and fire the gas kiln on Wednesday. There are only a few pots that I would like done for Celebration. They will miss the Gala and make their debut Saturday. I am not too concerned, we sell very little (if anything at all) during the Gala.

Lori Buff said...

We had cold winds blowing in as we were loading the kiln yesterday. I understand Mark’s decision to pull an all nighter. Good man.

Anna M. Branner said...

It is FREEZING here today. I had to bring the space heater into the studio...my wall unit seems to only be limping along so far this season. I too have my fingers crossed that your results are as beautiful as ever!

(And you are so smart to have a(nother) job so as to be allowed to skip those all night firings. :))

Gail said...

Gorgeous tree. May I steal that photo?

cookingwithgas said...

Yes, just don't take my tree;).

Crazy week, pots are unloaded, not enough pictures with me working this week.
Leaves are gone from that tree now, but she is still a bit of love in the yard.