Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hanging

 This birdhouse has gone to live in Texas.
I have a customer who keeps an eye out for this glaze and when it comes out well, and, we have something new and different, she sends me an email.

The birdhouse has gone to live with it's cousins in Texas.
I have other customers that do the same.
When we receive a request or an order we do everything possible to get the items packed and ready for shipment. We like to have the items out within a day or two at the most.
 It's our word to be sure and work in a timely manner.
I am in a dispute right now with a company who promised shipping in 24 hours and has not shipped yet.
After a week I sent an email.
We are so sorry we have back ordered your item, here is 20 % off your next order.
I gave them another week.
We are so sorry we have back ordered your item, we will ship it right away as soon as it comes in.
I gave it one more week.
I have just filed through my payment company for a refund.
Why?
Because they continue to sell this item online with  the promise of 24 hour shipping.

 Don't promise what you can not keep.
Your word is important.
So is your customer.

Tiles:
New works on a few giraffes.
Designed by Lee.
It has taken me awhile to carry on with the designs that she and I had planned to work on together.
I have added her name to these.
Her name runs up the right hand side of the giraffe,
My sister had such a talent.

The one on the right here reminds me of her for some reason.



Sorry for my rant.
I am off to work in my own place of business.
Cheers!

7 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

You have every right to rant about this.Nice tiles

cookingwithgas said...

Thanks Dennis.
I try not to buy with certain companies, but now I feel as if I along with many others have been taken for a ride.
Those dollars add up if you are still taking money and not shipping orders.

Rosa said...

Good on you for being so conscientious about shipping times!

I just got into it with a small business that I paid a not unsubstantial sum to for expedited, overnight shipping and it took them A WEEK to ship my order. When I complained, they said, "Your item was *shipped* overnight as per your payment, but we don't guarantee how long it takes us to *process* your order before shipping it. Processing normally takes up to 5 business days." Nice sleight of hand there.

I sent back a letter saying that next time I'll go with a big retailer who can guarantee that my item is shipped and received overnight, not a week processing plus overnight shipping.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I don't understand it, have a certain obsession with clearing things off my plate: I ship the minute I get an order, I just can't stand having anything hanging over my head, on the to do list*.....WONDERFUL giraffes! (then again, I am not a team of low paid workers in some warehouse who doesn't care about anything, but company owners should!)

cookingwithgas said...

This is on the company. They keep telling me the order is back ordered. We receive so much response to our offer.....3 weeks in, claim filed against them. Now they are shipping.maybe.
We small folks work hard to do the right thing.
Number one, we don't sell something that is not in stock.

Melissa Rohrer said...

Frustrating situation with the shipping. I don't mind if they tell me up front that they won't be able to ship an item with the rest of the order. Sometimes,though, my supplier fails to inform me of the delay.
Beautiful bird house- Happy customer and birds!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

LOVE the giraffes! Also that birdhouse is fantastic!