Thursday, February 11, 2016

Could you hold please?


I am on hold trying to pay a bill, you would think that they would love to have my money, or, just tell me- keep your money, we don't need it.
So while I am here I thought I would tell you all Hello.
Hello.

I am working some long hours these past few weeks, leaving here by 7:20, and getting in just after 5 pm.
It's all I can do to get food put together before sitting down. Oh, to be just a few years younger.
The program continues to grow as it changes over to all continuing ed.
As we bring in new students it has brought in some interesting new and different skills and interests to the classes.
I can say it is keeping us all on our toes keeping up with our 30 plus students.
We are rocking.

 I have been trying to keep up with the daily things that need attention as well. We are hooked on the muffins and I have put them on my list of things that need to be done. I have a batch waiting for me now. It suits me that I can start these and then walk away, take care of other things and come back to them.

Look at them rising and waiting to cook.
  I have dug out my cast iron to grill these on. I give them about 6 minutes per side and then bake them at 350 for 10 minutes. This works really well.

They are best if I let them sit overnight to cool, then split and toast.
I am getting 9 muffins out of the recipe. I could make them a tad bigger and get 8 out.

They are really good. So much better than the ones I could buy.
See, nice and toasty.
Butter, honey, jam, peanut butter, oh, the choices.
Yep, still on hold.
Hard to make an overdue, by their records, bill right if I can't get through......

9 comments:

Laurie said...

OK, I'm officially putting these English muffins on my to do list. Maybe I'll get to them during the upcoming wintry events. Hope you're not still on hold!

Anonymous said...

Yum. Now I'm hungry and remembered that I have a bill to pay. Sigh.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

DANG they good alright :)

Tracey Broome said...

these look amazing! One of the guys at work is making english muffins, I need to get on board.
Wesley gave me a good vegan recipe for english muffins. There is a good vegan sausage at Whole Foods and Ciao vegan cheese. She cooks the sausage in maple syrup, toasts the muffin adds cheese and siracha sauce, soooo good!

Barbara Rogers said...

I had a "800" call about a bill yesterday, which nicely said, at anytime you may press any number to talk to a representative. So I did. The woman identified her self and asked what she could do for me. I said, I don't know, you called me. It worked, she had all my info, just was playing dumb. However I could do the same, and said I didn't have the info she needed and was on the way out the door. Lovely English Muffins!

Michèle Hastings said...

Thank you for the english muffin reminder, they were on my list to make and now have moved closer to the top.
I have spent so much time on hold in the last two weeks and it's a similar situation... I want to pay a bill and no one wants to take my money!!!! I think now it is finally sorted out. phew.

cookingwithgas said...

They are so good. I finally had my questions answered, but I bet I was on hold for 30 minutes.

Linda Starr said...

I never knew how English muffins were made, pre browning them and then baking them, they look fabulous. I was on hold for over 20 minutes today and then a conference call but at least my business was completed - I was beginning to wonder, but I did use the speaker till they came on instead of holding the phone up to my ear.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

OH!!! I want these English muffins so badly! I'm not a fan of gluten free baking at all so to have a real, homemade English muffin would be such a treat. (also such a stomach ache...but we're not focused on that right now.) Those are gorgeous and hooray for cast iron pans. I call mine the magic pan.