Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Spring kiln Opening

 It was a beautiful day for a kiln opening last Saturday. We had a steady flow of customers all day and finally closed just after 5 pm. It felt like the weekends we use to have and we had a great time visiting with, talking with and sharing what we do with old and new customers.
Sunday was a wash out, it rained and that seem to put a bit of dampness on the day.
Yesterday we took the day off, it was much needed.

The spring flowers showed off for us and, as usual, I shared a few sedum with fellow gardeners. I am not a great gardener and less so these days due to the fact that the grass takes over and lately I just let it.
 I have become more fond of the flowers that come back on their own, finding cracks here or there, taking advantage of an empty space to toss me some unexpected flowers or lemon balm.
I would love to have some tomatoes show up somewhere.

Below is a picture from the shop back wall. I really enjoy using this piece to show pottery on. I wanted to use it in the house and just could not find a good place for it.



 My tools that I pack for the day I teach, pretty slack but it works.This is my my lazy potter's tip. I tried for awhile not taking any tools at all. I would grab a few from our tools at school, just enough to demo a pot here or there but I found I missed some of my ribs. And, my sponges on a stick.
We have put some wheels up off the floor which I like better for demo since I throw pots standing up.
Mark has headed out to the studio, I had better show up soon.
Stay safe the water out there could be dangerous.
It's wet.
M

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

glad to hear Sat was a good day ...before the deluge of Sunday. Pretty flowers. I've reduced my tool kit at the studio but just added back in some old favorites too!

Lori Buff said...

I'm glad it was a good show for you. I love that display piece, it's perfect.