Saturday, January 23, 2016

There were some good ones.

 There were two teapots in this past load that have gotten more than their fair share of attention on the FB pages that we have.
I thought I would toss them over here for those of you that don't, won't, never go there.
The one on the right has sold.
The one below has not, but the B&B in Seagrove likes to have one of our teapots to use for their guest. It is probably going over there to be used and enjoyed.
I tried taking a few pictures with my phone camera. The results were very blah. I went back to the camera. I kept one to show you a before and after. Mark probably used a bit more clay for this new one.
Teapots are on the list again for the next kiln load.
Yes, we didn't quit.
We have, mostly him, been reading about all the changes that have been made and are being made in our tiny world of ceramics. There will be some testing in the next few months.
And, your favorite glaze might just be on hold while we work this out.
I was looking at a bowl that we use in our kitchen while cooking lunch yesterday, I noticed how well the glaze look, melted, depth of color that the glaze had then.
Oh, yes, the good old days.
 It made me remember how we had little doubt in what we were doing then, throw, glaze, fire. We were on a roll and didn't even know it.

We are enjoying a few days of snow here, along with some ice.
Snow is always better.
It is our hope it all melts on Sunday.
Stay safe, warm and dry.




6 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the snow pic, with the barn in the distance. Seems like so many good things get changed, due to "improvements" or other reasons. I guess much of life is a work in progress.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

On a roll: the things we take for granted and miss when they fade away!

Dennis Allen said...

Good luck figuring out the changes in the materials.

Judy Shreve said...

Gorgeous teapots and glaze. Hope the glaze issues get worked out quickly and easily. Stay warm.

Tracey Broome said...

I'm one of the don't won't never go theres, thanks for posting for me :)
I love the thought of a B&B with your teapot for breakfast or an afternoon snack, how cozy is that?!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Good grief, those are gorgeous teapots! Hope you have good luck with your glaze challenges. You two are too good to quit!