Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Just a few tiles

 Here are a few of the tiles that came out of the last kiln.
Here is one of the houses that I did. I have another that I like even better but it will have to wait until I can get a better picture.
Note- these are all quick shots, no professional photographer on site.

I like the fact that when I do these no two are exactly alike as you can see with the sheep below. They both seem to be having a bit of a different thought as they are looking at you. They both are guilty of sneaking out of the fence as the farmer sleeps....

 The same with these two- just a bit of difference. One of these has gone to a new home...

This rabbit has a lot of different adventures. I just started adding him into the night sky as well.
There is something about making the night behind the animals and the house. It makes me think about the things that happen while we are sleeping.


 Spots!
Still playing, I like this house, maybe add some more in the sky area.....
Time to hit the studio.
Cheers!

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see you creating new things...love the sheep being crosseyed...they certainly say sheep to me! Polkadots? Wait wait, where's the pig?

Judy Shreve said...

I just love these Meredith!

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Wonderful tiles. Your illustrations are getting more and more detailed. Love the stars. They really pop with the blue. Love them all!

cookingwithgas said...

I am enjoying these, and the pig- it's been awhile since I have done him. He will need to go back on the list.
The stars and that blue are just perfect together.
Makes me think of anything from quiet night to let's go out and see the night sky.

Laurie said...

I'm really liking these. The houses, the night sky... though that does make me think of the raccoons in our corn. Grrrr...

Melissa Rohrer said...

Love the spotted bunny!

Unknown said...

I love these tiles. so down-to-earth and cute and realistic in its own way~

gạch-bông-Việt

cookingwithgas said...

Oh, Laurie, there are those destructive animals that eat your food!
Thanks all!

Trish said...

These are terrific, Meredith! Love them. T.

cookingwithgas said...

thanks T!

Michèle Hastings said...

These are wonderful! They would be great illustrations for children's books.

cookingwithgas said...

Thanks MH- a thought.....