Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday, Monday

 Mondays are good days to start on the next load of pots to help fill the kiln. While Mark is busy working on teacups, I am working on a batch of salt jars.
The teacups will go out for an order due in November. The salt jars are heading to our gallery here, and if not sold,we will take them to the show we have coming up in November at the Luck's Bean factory on 705, less than 2 miles from us.

The teacups will be made one with a handle and one without. The thought of the one without is that it needs more ridges in the body to make it easier to hold on to the cup.

Mark makes some tumblers in this style and those ridges feel good in the hand and do make it easier to hold.

I need to get back to work but not before I share a late butterfly with you that was busy visiting the flowers. He or she was so quick I had trouble getting very close.



This is the warmest October that I can remember.
 For once I am ready for fall, ready for cooler weather.
It's time.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm ready for fall too. We had to turn our a/c back on yesterday. Crazy!

Barbara Rogers said...

I wore shorts yesterday! Had thought to put away all the other summer gear, but this pair was still around. Not to mention the A/C as well, Laurie! It took a while for me to find the butterfly...nice!