Thursday, October 9, 2014

The moon was full,

  the ring that ran full circle around it was red and bright, soon the circle disappeared as a darkness began to take small bites out of the left side of the moon, slowly covering it all as it went from light to darkness, then as the sun rose, it was gone.
Amazing to be there up early, with my coffee; me and nature at her best.
Last night the moon rose bright over the pond. I had to go down for a few minutes to the pond and watch as it reflected off the water, fullness, heavy, bright, amazing.


Mark wired up many of the lamps that came out of the kiln. There is nothing like a handmade lamp to set off a room. We have just finished painting the guest bedroom and I have been tempted to go lamp shopping in the store. I really think the one with the great runs to the right would be nice in the bedroom.

 These lamps, even with the different blues and the creaminess of the glaze, look really good against the yellows that we used.
I am enjoying the color of the bedroom, it is a cool and quiet color.
Now I am thinking about curtains, bed spread, you know the drill... the other stuff.

Mark is back at the wheel while I am making the ride to school.
This week I put in a request for a wet/dry vacuum, I am so excited to be getting this. Cleaning is an issue when you have that many students and the clay and glazing that happens. I did not know how much I missed ours until I did not have one.
I found myself yesterday trying to clean out a kiln, the vacuum would have made short work of the issue. Not having one leaves me to be inventive and clever. I ended up taking a roll of masking tape, folding over an end and picking up the chunks of broken clay and glaze off the soft brick on the bottom of the kiln. It was slow work, but did the trick.

 It's time for me to move on, things to do.

Tiles to start loading in a kiln.
Cheers!
M

10 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

A wet dry vac is a must! We couldn't live without one.

Those lamps are gorgeous. If I were redecorating a room I would have to keep one too. I love shopping for bedding, but it does make my heart stop when I see the prices. To me a well made bed is a thing of beauty.

Laurie said...

Glad you got to see the eclipse. J checked it out & said it had already gone below the tree line here, meaning the only way to see it would have been a 1/4 mile walk to the back field... just wasn't that dedicated. Love those lined vases!

Linda Starr said...

I saw the full moon that night but got up too late to see it in the morning.

cookingwithgas said...

The prices are out there, but I would love to go shopping soon!

The moon was a treat for me and Mark. I do love a full moon.

Tracey Broome said...

You could decorate a room around just that lamp, Sooo pretty! Can't wait to see it all finished!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH! Lookit the giraffe :)

Lori Buff said...

The lamps are beautiful, any of them will look great in a bedroom.

Clever way to clean the kiln but I’m glad to read you’re getting a shop vac...these modern conveniences.

hootowlkarma said...

The eclipse was amazing over here in Sanford, too, but envy your reflecting pond; can only imagine that full moon peering up at you from the depths...

smalltownme said...

I have used that masking tape trick for a lot of things, but you definitely should have a real vacuum.

Unknown said...

Vacuum is a must. We use a shop vac and I couldn't imagine not having it. I blew stuff up in my kiln with a firing yesterday....so I was in my kiln with the vac and an angle grinder too. It was a mess!