It was a hot firing, to be expected with the tall lamps in the load.
The iron red loved the heat and the reduction..... I love a good iron red.
Most of the kiln came out very well; you can expect a few dogs with the amount of pots we put in the kiln.
Again, I am asked, how many pots we get in a load.
Again, I fail to count.
Some loads it's a lot, some loads it's a lot more and some loads it could be more.
We are mulling over a test we put in the kiln that we think we forgot to add some of the oxides in... but we like what it did and it could become a new glaze for us. It has the possibilities of a happy accident.
|The fog yesterday morning|