Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday at the end of May

 Here we are, it's Saturday and May is running out on me. May is a month  filled with everything from anniversary to birthdays and a lot of things in between.

I did have break between semesters and one of those weeks I worked in our studio. Oh, yeah, this is nice.
The next week we were off to push out the final days of cleaning out the house that my mother lived in for 50 years. A lovely house  filled with many great memories.
A house that is now ready to be filled with a new family and friends.

With that done, thanks to my fabulous husband, sister and brother, we can now move back to not spending every spare minute cleaning, sorting and deciding. This Saturday is going to be spent looking at my own back door.

 I am sitting with the windows open listening to the day make its way. The birds are talking. I think they are planning their day as well.
I found that there are birds in the city that start planning their days around 3 am.......or maybe they are just signing off for the night. It had me awake a few nights when we were up there trying to decide if it was time to rise.

On the left is a birdhouse that I made for the salt kiln at school.
I was so tempted to keep one or two. Then I realized that I have two bird houses out in the front of my house and there are two birds that have made a nest, one is tucked under a towel on the deck. She has added eggs... no reasons to move her now.
The other nest is built up in the rafters of the carport.  
My birds have there own idea of living space.




My plan is to only teach 2 days this summer in hope that I can get some pottery work done.
We will see.
Mark is making bigger birdhouses.

Cheers!

13 comments:

Linda Starr said...

those are super birdhouses, I was wondering about summer school. yikes so glad it's only two days a week.

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Glad you're getting a little time today to just be mellow.
I love the birdhouse with the 2 handles. I would have to keep that one :)

Laurie said...

I am loving those birdhouses. Glad you'll have some days to be in the studio this summer.

Anna M. Branner said...

The deciding is so hard.

Here's to a relaxing pot making Summer for you!

Anna said...

taking time for your own work seems like a good idea... have a great summer (we have had early cold winter temperatures here in Sydney Oz).

Barbara Rogers said...

Birds, houses, and what's with the ones singing in the middle of the night! Enjoy the summer, love the pottery!

Melissa Rohrer said...

Like those birdhouses!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Your flower work is SO pretty :)

cookingwithgas said...

Thanks all, this summer will be interesting.

Lori Buff said...

Any bird should sing for joy if it lived in those bird houses.

cookingwithgas said...

Aw, thanks Lori.

Tracey Broome said...

Ive never been so glad to see a month be over, May has been a busy one!
I have an old birdhouse that came from Seagrove, it used to hang in my grandma's cherry tree. I love those Seagrove birdhouses!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I love those birdhouses!!!! Glad you will be getting a lighter schedule this summer. If I had to teach at the college in the summers I would be crazier than usual.