Friday, August 28, 2015

Don't

 take my picture.
Okay.

I know, I am such a liar.
Mark is working up some big bowls.

While I am working on Sugar jars and creamers.

What is it about jars?
That was the item I did not want to make as a student. It is the item I make the most now.
I guess that back then I was not ready to make them.
 And, what is a jar without a creamer. I know, I know, it's a jar, wise cracker that you are.

We are working up the next kiln load of pots. Most of it is ready and waiting for these last items to be finished.
 I really wanted to get some cream and sugar sets made. We have a few in the shop, but most have made their way off to new homes.

 That handle looks large! Things appear closer than they are, and bigger.

I have some tiles that I am playing with yet again.

These are left from a past project and I wanted to see if I could add to them and possibly enhance what was going on with the waves. Now all I need is that last glaze to go on.

Fall is in the air.
The last few days have given way to cooler mornings.
I don't want to rush things, but here it comes ready or not.

Cheers!
M

11 comments:

Alex Solla said...

Objects in your rear view mirror appear larger than they are... LOL. Great jars!

cookingwithgas said...

Thanks! And so do handles!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I am wondering, will you teach again this fall?

Anna M. Branner said...

Lidded jars are always my New Years Resolution. I have yet to tackle them seriously. I am really intimidated by the whole size thing. I never seem to get it right.

cookingwithgas said...

Anna, you need go come take a jar class with me!

Anna said...

I like the look of the dragon fly pattern..

Tracey Broome said...

I love your little jars, gonna have to get down there one of these days and get me one!

cookingwithgas said...

TB-SOON! Let's try to see one another.
Anna- thanks, I want to explore those.

Anna M. Branner said...

I would love to!!!

Lori Buff said...

I love making jars also. I think the mystery of what is inside of them appeals to me as much as the aesthetic. Plus you can have lots of fun with the form.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I love your jars. I've never seen pottery lids that fit so well. Can't wait for the kiln photos and to see that giant bowl!

Please send us some fall weather! It's still incredibly hot and humid down here. Blah.