Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Last week it was

 HOT!
It was so hot that all you want to do is move from one building to the other. You need a lot of water to drink, and there is not enough water that you can put on a plant to make it happy.
The flowers I planted  have gone from grand to miniatures. I have these tiny flowers instead of the large ones I planted.
 Then today we only reached the 80's. Thank you!

Mark has been making many mugs, beer mugs, coffee mugs, mugs, mugs and more mugs. Just in case there is a run on mugs we are ready.
 The end of he day picture.
We still maintain the habit of cleaning up before we walk out for the evening. It is the ritual of putting it all to bed. It also makes for a nice beginning to come in and have a clean space to work.
I spent one day last week cleaning the gallery. Dusting and rearranging the pottery, fluffing things up a bit.
It makes me feel better...
I don't have a lot to say this week, I am just trying to work while I have a few weeks off. I am working on more tiles while Mark is working pots.


Stop in, it's cool inside, we have a/c in the store.
We don't want folks running out the door because they are too hot to think.
How are things going in you neck of the world, hot, cold, just right...

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

The hot, hot weather slowed us to a crawl last week. We had work that had to be done outside... small doses with lots of water. Today felt great... of course most of my outside work was done!
We are so appreciative of an air conditioned work space. How did we do it before?????

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you guys had some nice temps today. It has been hot here too! Today was definitely a great day for outdoor work.
There are cucumbers growing up the grapevine you guys gave me. I didn't get it up in time for the moonflower this year, but next year!
The a.c. in your studio didn't go unnoticed when I visited. It's a nice touch for sure! Also, great mugs!
Happy Wednesday!

cookingwithgas said...

A/C is a must!
Hi Lindsay! It is great to hear from you. I think my moon flowers are going to give it up with this heat and no rain. There is always next year. Stay cool! M