Monday, January 19, 2009

Display shelves for local potters

When you visit the North Carolina Pottery Center you will find an area which was set aside to display an example of the local potter's work.
This service is free to anyone considered in our local area.
It gives the visitors to Seagrove a chance to view the work and choose who they would like to go out and visit.
You can see the wide variety and range of pots made in Seagrove.
Admission to the NCPC is 2.00, a bargain in this times don't you think?
You get to tour the historical exhibitions, the current exhibitions and pick up maps and information, along with seeing the displays here.


How much does a cup of Joe cost these days? The money from admission goes to keep the lights on and the doors open.
If you are in NC come see us all- the potters, and the center- worth the price of admission.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats, that's pretty--I need to clean my studio and spiff up the displays.......

Shortstuff said...

It IS a bargain. It has a great sampling of local artists' wares and a terrific history of local potters. The museum is very well done. A visit is well worth the price of admission.

Linda Starr said...

Wow, can't wait to sell my house so I can start travelling around to visit all the pottery places I learn about on the internet. Your area is at the top of my list. The $2 is a real bargain. I can just imagine how much I would enjoy looking at so many different potter's styles all in one location, what a treat it would be for me, then picking up a map and going to visit as many potter's studios as I could.

cookingwithgas said...

and if you can get here Linda- call me I have a bed and a bath- but as you know get your own breakfast!