Monday, March 2, 2009

but I like having electricity!

Last night we had the snow!
The Storm, which is running from the south upwards- is showing us all that winter is still here.
For us "southerners" this is rare- we like our mild winters. we don't mind a little snow, but it should be in and out in 24 hours. Like good company,we are happy to see it- but happy to have it go away.

The electricity shut down this morning just after 6 am- the only sane thing to do was go out and hand build. It is nice to have one piece or equipment which does not require electricity.
We both cranked out some things to work on - put some batteries in the radio and went to work.
The electricity is back- but I think we will keep the hands dry today and go back to tiles and handbuilding-----
Come on Spring- I for one will be happy to have you come and overstay your welcome!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Miserable weather! Sorry that you lost your electricity...way to make the best of it by handbuilding! Julia

Judy Shreve said...

I'm ready for spring too. All of our Atlanta snow has mostly melted and it's supposed to be 70 degrees by Friday.

You certainly made the best of no electricity - it is nice to have 'tools' that work no matter what the weather . . lol

Shortstuff said...

You can blame me. I complained bitterly on my blog about the sprinkling of snow we had Saturday night. Ma Nature showed me. We got three inches and the roads were for crap this morning. I got to play hookey from work. Just means more hours tomorrow and Wed, but it was kind of fun.

Anonymous said...

Compared to you, we have NO winter. but Sprin surely could overstay its welcome, because the hillsides are a luscious green, only in the spring here.

I have a question. In a week I'm going to an art conference, and I signed up for a workshop in sculpture. Which clay is easiest on my hands (I have carpel tunnel, so almost no strength in fingers and wrist) - thanks for writing me back!

Anonymous said...

You just left a comment on my blog (you are Cookingwithgas, right?)
thank you!
but please let me know about WHICH CLAY I should use, having carpel tunnel in my hands - you may write me back on your blog, since i visit you at least evey other day :)

Linda Starr said...

I guess everyone back East has gotten snow, seems Spring snow storms are the wettest, have fun hand building.

cookingwithgas said...

Lot's of snow and it is very cold tonight!
Jeanette- what clays do you have availble in your area?
I use two different ones for different reasons- but it sounds like you should find one which would have a nice soft body but a bit of grog in it.
I bet the workshop will have good information for you about which is best for the pots you would like to make.
Best of luck!
M