Thursday, October 8, 2009

Crozet Va



We are almost packed and ready to roll out of here tomorrow for a craft show.
We are headed to Crozet Va. for the fall show.

It is a beautiful spot in the Va. mountains.
I am looking forward to seeing some Va. mountains and with a little luck there will be some color in the leaves.

I love fall....

The display is packed and I am doing the last minute things that need to be done.

Oh, don't forget the --------whatever.
Last time we did a show I forgot to pack the cloths for the tables so we ended up at a fabric store.


The store here in Whynot will be open and running as we leave Beverly here in charge while we are gone.
There is still a lot to do and I had better get cracking.
I hope you all watched the Craft in America last night.
It was really good.
If you could not see it I hope you will find a copy to watch.

The viewing party I helped with last night raised about 1500.00 for the North Carolina Pottery Center.
I hope to have a final count when we get back.
And, if you are in Seagrove, the North Carolina Pottery Center needs to be on your places to go list. ( along with Whynot Pottery!)
M



4 comments:

Laurie said...

Some pretty things you're taking. I hope they'll get the appreciation they deserve at the show. We'll miss you Saturday!

Linda Starr said...

Wow, your tiles look great and I love the big oblong platter. Is the background color or the tray the color of the clay or a glaze o slip? It has a muted antique tone I really like which is enhanced by the blue flowers, very nice. Have a great trip and show.

cookingwithgas said...

Hi Laurie- have a great time on Saturday- wish we could be there!
Linda- the clay is Highwater's red stone witha white slip.
I do like this clear glaze which has a good range of melt..
Thanks for the good thoughts and keep packing for your trip across America!

Anonymous said...

beautiful tiles... good luck in virginia and have fun