Sunday, September 12, 2010

Throwing in the towel

Do you ever have those times when you feel like throwing in the towel?
This week has my brain pinging all over the place. The show- you have heard about the show- is coming up so fast.
I have been spending some time trying to pull together the last element of the show.
A page from the potters blogs.
I really feel it would be hard to have this show without letting the public look at someone's blog, or at least a post from their blog.
Really this part has been fun. I finally figured a quick(?) way to do some cut and paste and I like how that has worked out.
It does not give the true blog page but it gives you the story, since that is what this is about, and some pictures.
I added in about me page that I am pretty happy with.
I grabbed (stole) what I thought I would like to have from potter's websites.
I have learned even more about the potters, who they are , where they studied and other quirky bits.
Now- don't get me wrong my mind is like a sieve these days and it will quickly drain away.
Someone will ask me where did such and such study, live, climb a big mountain, eat their first taco and I will have to say there is this nice book of pages over there to look at and I highly suggest you go look them up and read their blog.
There are moments like the past week where I love the tool the internet provides for us.
A quick search can give me good choices for material.
And boy you have to love cut and paste.

Then there are those pots to be made.
Mark is making the crown pots and this one was covered up waiting for handles.
I just thought - I know how you feel- a towel over the head would be nice right now.


I am making a few orders and some fillers- love those bottles.
I know I have said it before, but it is a favorite shape for me.
Comfort food maybe?
I know we all have favorite things we make bottles just grab me.
Comfort shape maybe?


This coming week promises to go just as quickly as the last.
I still have PT twice a week.
I think this will be it for me I am feeling tons better and get bored with going.
I think that is good.
And now that I have said green ball and my homework I usually toss myself on the floor and do my exercises.
Like I should be doing now....

Happy Sunday!
M

11 comments:

Linda Starr said...

A round shape is comforting. I've been eating my comfort food, sugar snap peas, hang in there, I wish I could get there sooner to help you out, I will get there a little earlier though.

FetishGhost said...

There's no easy way to climb a mountain... but it does feel great once you're at the top.
Almost there!

Hannah said...

I was just wondering how your back was getting on. Just realised I haven't picked a page of my blog to send you, I have been trying to decide which but it's very hard to chose.
Best wishes,
h

laura weant johnson said...

pots look great--don't forget my dinner plates!! it was wonderful to see you guys the other day, can't wait to get together & get all caught up.....

Hollis Engley said...

That opening reception will feel pretty good, won't it, Meredith?

Tracey Broome said...

I needed that towel last week, filling out grant applications! Computer work is such a necessary evil. Do you still have some of your drugs? :)

ang design said...

yeh dont stop doing the exercises!! you'd be amazed how keeping things in the right place helps! I'm struggling with a lovely tennis elbow at the mo and doing strange stretches with a short pole :)) thanks mr physio..

cookingwithgas said...

Hi Guys! yes- I will be happy to have this behind me and yet a little sad......
Tracey you need the big towel for what you are doing! Or maybe even a blanket!
Ang- I feel your pain!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

have a great week :)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Yikes, now I feel double-bad cuz I haven't sent you a blog post. I've been waiting to post something marvelous and, well, that ain't happening this week! Buried up to my eyeballs in a long list of must-do's... So, I'll send you a post right now and will quit being so vain about it. And, if you've already pulled together something else, that's great too.

Thank you again Meredith for putting together the show. Got my pieces in the mail last week.

cindy shake said...

So glad to hear your back is on the mend! My pieces were put in the mail too :o) Sure do wish I was flying down for the BIG partaaay -I would love to meet everyone in person :o)