Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Light and the end of a day

Ever since we were pottery students we were taught to clean your area because there was someone coming behind you.
So these are Mark's tools at the end of the day.
All ready for use.
Now where are mine?
I am not as good as he is in the department and I am sometimes taken by surprise at the mess I leave behind me. I tend to walk in and think who was on my wheel last night while I was sleeping?
Darn elves.....

There was the best light after the rain last week.
I love that fresh light look that it gives everything.
It looks like promises yet to come.

The path down the drive from the house...follow me it begs, let's see where we can go and what we can see.
Ever since I was a kid I have loved the promise of a good path...


Christmas is coming and I am still packing.
Best get to it.
M

7 comments:

Linda Starr said...

the path of infinite possibilities

gz said...

The road goes ever on..

I'm still firing the kiln!!

ang design said...

mine def aren't that clean, I go down the road of I'll clean that in about a month :P

cookingwithgas said...

I know- mine are not that clean either!
I love paths- this one leads to the mailbox!

Judi Tavill said...

Have great times this holiday season... clean up later...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

haha! somebody asked me last year if I had ever cleaned my water bowl, tools, table or wheel and the answer was NO! never. Covered with crusty crap, all of it.

Lori Buff said...

That looks like the road less traveled, it begs to be walked and explored. I'll bet you can find something different on it every day.
Safe trip.