Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oh those summer nights.

Night before I last I had to walk over to check pots and as I walked out the door I was blown away by the sky.
 I could not remember the last time I saw such color.
Spectacular!
This is just a taste of what I saw.
Then last night Mark comes in to tell me that Mrs. Spider has laid her eggs and is now not as fat as she was. Like a tire going flat.
I know you wanted to see what was going on.

The eggs.
Plus, there was another great sky going on .
I don't know if this has anything to do with storms that could be coming, but wow, just wow.
(far out...)


Mark is out there glazing right now and I need to go join him for our glazing fest we have going on here.
Here is a good start on a bottle he made.

And what is happening with my future butterflies?
I am watching and they are now resting, that means soon they will go into stage 2.
I really want to see if I can catch them changing.

I was able to get a few shots of them.
Future butterfly 1

and number 2
Lunch and then work.
Enjoy this fabulous day.
M

5 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

We were coming home from Winston Salem yesterday and saw that sky, only there was a double and complete rainbow on 15/501!!! It was amazing. I also removed a bunch of those egg sacks from my studio last week, ick!

Linda Starr said...

Oh that sunset is spectacular, baby garden spiders are good to have and I hope you get shots of the eggs and baby butterflies or catapillars.

Alex Solla said...

as often as I see those swallowtail butterflies around my garden, I seldom find these lovely caterpillars anymore. We used to see them all over our fennel. Lately though, I wonder if the birds are snacking on them. Love that coloration!

Shortstuff said...

We've had rain all day, so no beautiful sunsets for us. I'm hoping it will be nicer tomorrow. I really wanted to get out and work in the yard. The weeds are taking over.

cookingwithgas said...

those swallow tail caterpillars are so striking. I love the colors too.
I cringe to think I use to think these were just garden pest- no more, they can have it all.