Tuesday, July 16, 2013

you don't have to drink beer

to own one of these mugs.

 Mark and I were playing with our cameras the other day and set up some shots of the beer mugs we have been making.
Note these are good for coffee/water/tea/hot chocolate and just about anything you desire in a mug.
I am in love with the drippings on that mug.

Below is your picture of the day.
Bee love is amazing to watch.
It is all about that pollen.
These are very small flowers that are open for a short period of time.
By evening these were closing up and gone.
If anyone knows what this flower is, pass the information on.
I bought this plant, stuck it in a garden, forgot about it, found it, replanted it and it is joyful.

Back to work with sun and heat today, summer is here.


Linda Starr said...

Great mug shots

Unknown said...

If those flowers are about 1 1/2" in diameter, on 2' stems, held above thin isis-like foliage it's probably Belamcanda. We called it blackberry lily in East Tennessee before I learned any Latin.

Michèle Hastings said...

when it's hot like this, beer is the best drink for those nice mugs!

Lori Buff said...

I love beer mugs for iced tea and iced coffee. You get plenty of room for beverage and ice. Your's look perfect for those drinks, if I could only decide which I liked best.

cookingwithgas said...

Thanks unknown- I just looked it up- I think that was a good thing since it said that these little babies are:
Seed is poisonous if ingested
Parts of plant are poisonous if ingested

Good thing to know.
Yep- those mugs are winners!

smartcat said...

Great mugs. A lot of the most beautiful flowers are so poisonous.....hmmmmm!