Tuesday, August 16, 2016

We went

 I need this sign!
This would look great in our yard, don't ya' think?

We went- to Maine with my sister.
In order to do so we drove through states I have never been to, places I have never seen and only got lost a few times.
All hail the google, for she is wise and good.
One of my favorite moments off I-81, the parking lot that goes through PA, was on a backroad when I turned her on and typed in find I-81.

Maine, the lake, the chair, the view.

The lake

Ben and Jerry's, you know you have to....
I told Mark don't do what she says, but as I punched the button she said turn left, we are no where on a paper map. He says, don't? I say do it! And, off we go on back roads and pop out on I-81!
We have decided to keep her. We are in a 3 way with Ms. Google. Why am I just finding out about her magic? It is all scary and powerful. Boom- here you are and I can lead you places you will never find on your map.
We went up through, Va, West Va, Maryland, Pa, New York, VT, New Hampshire to Maine. We then crossed the mountains back across, took a ferry over to upstate New York and went on to Watertown where my brother lives. He showed us the wonders of The Thousand Islands and a tour of the Singer Castle.
What a beautiful area he lives in.
The island, where money is no problem, if you have enough.
The Singer Castle

We slid down I-81 towards home.
Back to work.
Thanks to the family for the vacation time, Les, John and friends in Maine.
Chris, Betty,and kids in New York.
It was wonderful.

11 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! Ms. Google has spared us sitting in traffic many times. We head south today from CT. One marathon, 12 hour drive.

cookingwithgas said...

Safe travels.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh boy, you remind me that life isn't all work! Time to set aside some recreational time for this person too! So glad for Google Maps!

cookingwithgas said...

Do it Barbara! Just do it!

Gail said...

And welcome to the 21st century....google is the best.

gz said...

I print off maps from Ms Google.....just as good!

Laurie said...

You know how out of the loop I am... is the Singer Castle the family of sewing machine fame? So glad you had an excellent road trip!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I bet it was good, especially since there was no snow ;)

Tracey Broome said...

ahhh, Maine! It revives the soul. Where would I be without my google?! I used to travel all 50 states before cell phones and internet, I have no idea how I found my way! A couple weeks ago I couldn't get my GPS to work in Wilson one day, and I got completely lost trying to get home
Looks like your trip was wonderful, I am so envious! I was in VA. Beach and Norfolk yesterday, thought about you!

Anna M. Branner said...

What a beautiful trip. And yes Google is magical (as long as you have a signal...)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Maine is such a special place. It's been way too long so this is a great reminder to get back up north. Or down east. Or whatever weird thing they say. You DO need that sign!