Friday, October 3, 2014

Here you go!

Front
 Pictures of pots.

It was a hot firing, to be expected with the tall lamps in the load.
The iron red loved the heat and the reduction..... I love a good iron red.

Most of the kiln came out very well; you can expect a few dogs with the amount of pots we put in the kiln.
Again, I am asked, how many pots we get in a load.
Again, I fail to count.
Some loads it's a lot, some loads it's a lot more and some loads it could be more.

We are mulling over a test we put in the kiln that we think we forgot to add some of the oxides in... but we like what it did and it could become a new glaze for us. It has the possibilities of a happy accident.


middle

back
  ( this space left intentionally blank)
Mugs anyone?

The fog yesterday morning

More fog....
Now, the real work begins, we are sanding, pricing, and toting, come on over for a look see.
M

16 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I love the photo of the mugs all lined up! Looks like a great firing. Maybe the atmosphere is perfect for reds right now, we had a some nice looking copper reds this week.

Linda Starr said...

looks like a good firing, look at all that fog, we have rain today, welcome tomorrow it's going to get cold

cookingwithgas said...

I think reds like fall weather.

Cold- not ready!

Lori Buff said...

I've noticed that atmospheric firing tends to like cool, humid weather, your reds support this theory, they look great.

Dennis Allen said...

Seems like just yesterday you were firing. Pots look great and I love to see a well thought out stack.

DirtKicker Pottery said...

How satisfying to have a gorgeous kiln opening like that. I love your rustic iron reds. Makes me want a gas fired kiln.

Anna M. Branner said...

So many beautiful pots! And I agree. Pricing is my LEAST favorite job of all.

smalltownme said...

Oh, I love that last foggy picture.

Laurie said...

I'm with you. I'm liking that happy accident glaze.

cookingwithgas said...

It's been a fast week Dennis!
Or it all a slight of hand...

cookingwithgas said...

Funny we were just talking about learning to fire electric.... but how to get those reds....

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Ooh, I do love the kiln photos! Please send some cool weather down here. Still in the 90s...ugh.

cookingwithgas said...

I'll give it a try Claudia. But fighting with the reality of it might mean me sending you here....

Gary's third pottery blog said...

wonderful mugs :)

Sandy Miller said...

nothing like unloading a kiln! Love those mugs!!
Been foggy up here too, I'm kind of liking it.
Oh for a few happy accidents, as of late mine have not been happy but taking notes and reanalyzing.
Nice to read what you're up too!

Trish said...

Beautiful, Meredith and Mark..I love to see the before and after photos. It never ceases to amaze: the miracle of it all! :) Happy Fall Days to you.. a beautiful day here in central Alberta. T.