Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chris Luther

It is the end of the weekend and all the potters seem to have had a good show. I had planned to feature a few here. I wanted to feature our good friends Chris Luther and his wife Lisa. I had planned to ask Chris some information about his family background. His grandfather was a potter.
I have known Chris for many years long before he married his wife Lisa and they produced three boys.
We spent many a night watching their boys play and having a beer or grilling hot dogs.
Once a year we have the kids come over and we fish in the pond and cookout. This summer after our fire we just could not find the time to have our annual cookout/fishing trip.
To get to my point- last night after the show their Pottery shop burned to the ground.
I am heartbroken for them. They are a young pottery couple with three kids. We just went through this ourselves. We and the community plan to help them through the rebuilding of their shop and get them back to work as well.
I am posting some of Chris's pots and a great picture I took of them Friday night. I hope you will be with me in sending out some positive thoughts their way.







5 comments:

klineola said...

This is horrible news. Please let me know what I can do.

Annapants! said...

This is terrible; Please tell Chris and Lisa that I am thinking about them and that I'm happy to write their Crafter's Emergency Relief Fund grant! I am pained beyond words for Chris and his family.

Jariris said...

This is an unbelievable blow, and so soon after yours! Please share my good thoughts and let us know if there's anything that can be done long distance.

kriips said...

Oh what horrible thing to happen. Meredith, if there is anything that Adam and I can help with please let us know! I just stared at your blog in disbelief... hoping that I understood it wrong...

cookingwithgas said...

thank you all and I will send your wishes on to the family.
Plans are underway to get Chris a place to work while he rebuilds.
The potters relief fund has stepped in to help as well