Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday

How did it get to be Friday!!????? I just don't understand where this week went. Someone has to have Tuesday or Wednesday in their pocket!
Really, it can't be Friday again!
I had such hopes and dreams for this week- a list a mile long.
Then I got whacked by a box of clay as it fell off the top of the pile- whacked me flat on both hands- ouch!
So this week I did not get that list checked off - but today me and my black/blue/yellow hands are on the wheel- little sore, but much better then Monday.
After all when you work for yourself, the week starts when you start right?

9 comments:

Annapants! said...

ouch! tell dad to stop throwing things at you! sheesh.

Tracey Broome said...

Oh man, that made me cringe just to read it. Hope the rainbow hands mend quickly. How is it that nothing is broken!

Ben Stark said...

Hope the hands heal quickly! It's hard to be a potter without them ;)

Shortstuff said...

At least you didn't get attacked by the bisque kiln again. Good luck with the hands. Got any bags of frozen peas to hang onto?

cookingwithgas said...

it was painful- And I was lucky that no bones were broken- ice helped. I should write a post about safty in the studio- I am a walking accident! This is not the first time I have has something happen and yes the kiln was the worse- ouch!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I work pretty hard on weekends, but see more of the wife which is the BEST part.

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound healthy! It sounds like no bones broke though?? I once broke my middle finger (yeah the finger used to give people the bird - and with the splint that's pretty much all I did with my right hand all day long!!) and I couldn't throw or do much else for at least a month....

I hope you heal fast!!

cookingwithgas said...

Hi Gary yea you and the Misses sure enjoy your time together.
Hi C- It is important tp have hands! I really thought I had broken something- but all is good- just sore and good color.
I will have to post about the time I knocked the kiln lid and was hit with it full in the face- talk about black and blue!

Linda Starr said...

Oh my, I am so glad nothing is broken. I keep one of those ice thingy's in the fridge for just such catastrophes. I have to tell myself to slow down and think all the time.