Thursday, October 29, 2009

I wish I had a glaze the color of fall.........


We live in a great spot, on a dirt driveway, with a big pond and lots of trees.
A few years back the person who owns the land behind us clear cut all their trees- ouch! We lost the whole top of the hill and the colors of fall that went with those trees.
We still have some trees back there, thanks to my sister who owns what was not cut.
So yesterday Mark said let's ride over to the zoo you have to see some of the trees they planted in the parking lot, the colors are wonderful.
So we did and he was right---- nice job for a parking lot don't you think!






We then headed into Asheboro for a beer and some food.
Beer- you have to remember it has only been a year since you could have a beer in Asheboro.
And if you are still reading... we have some family news.
Our daughter is going to make us grandparents.....
Cheers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on being grandma... trees are lovely, i've got a pignut (i think) hickory outside my window that's getting bigger and it's a golden yeller and a sassafras outside my studio window that has all the colors in the rainbow. i love the smell of decaying leaves too. amazing that asheboro held out that long. there were many dry counties in ky. when i moved here for school and i was appalled. i had never heard of them before that.

cindy shake said...

Yippee Grandma & Grandpa!! The trees are absolutely flames of color! Wonderful palette with the blue sky background. I just finished reading The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner and Asheboro was mentioned -I've never been there but thought immediately of you and Tracey Broome!

Ben Stark said...

Congrats!!! Such exciting news! Beautiful trees as well.

Linda Starr said...

congrats grandma and grandpa to be; those trees are spectacular.

T.Gray said...

Too bad P and P quit making rockers, huh? :-)

Ya know, I was gonna post yesterday about fall leaves and glaze colors, but forgot about it before I returned from my walk. Hmmhhh, maybe I need my own rocker!

Tracey Broome said...

Oh yeah! I remember the Friday beer runs to Randleman to the drive thru beer place. When we came to Seagrove I noticed that Asheboro now has a drive thru beer place. Too funny. Your glazes do remind me a bit of fall colors for some reason. You must have been inspired by your surroundings when developing your palette. congrats on the baby! I'll say a few prayers for great things to come!!

Mike Barber said...

It's amazing to see the peak of the leaf color wave over the state. Peak for most of the NC mountains was about a week or two ago and now it's made it's way down. It looks like the colors are spectacular around your place.
-Mike

cookingwithgas said...

Hi all you tree lovers.
Yes it has been a great fall and there is more to come- thanks also on the baby to come- that will be a spring event!