Thursday, July 22, 2010

Turtle power!

First off thanks all for those words of encouragement.
I had the x-rays yesterday.
I don't know when I will hear from the doctor about the results. Hopefully this week.
 I stayed on the ice and pain pills and did what I could yesterday.
I am not one of those people to sit around, like a poodle on a pillow, and healing is slow going stuff.
I am still finding new bruises, I spotted one this morning.
I do have a good book, but pain pills keep me from reading more than three pages at a time.
Today Mark is going to set me up so I can do a few things from a sitting position. I have some tiles to glaze and that might help keep me sane.
You all know the drill, if you are not working it bites you a month down the road.
We have to work now in order to be ready for what is coming up later.Grrrrrrrrrrr-trying to stay on the sunny side but sometimes life bites!




I am moving a bit like this turtle right now- one little foot in front of another.
Although she was up here to bury some eggs- I don't think I will be doing that.
But I might be able to create some new ideas while I am down in the back....

And to Mark- thanks- you know you are the best!

9 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

But you do have those pills! I really should come down and have pills and blueberries with you, I could scratch and you could watch me through the holes in you eyelids :) I am loving that phrase. All things shall pass, my itching is getting better your bruises will too. Patience grasshopper!

Linda Starr said...

I am sending good thoughts your way and so is my turtle, check out my post today and scroll down, from one turtle to another take er easy. Necessity is the mother of invention and I believe that.

Judy Shreve said...

I love the turtle analogy -- remember it's the turtle that wins the race.
And ice, blueberries & pain pills - well that's not too horrible of a combo! lol And if you and Tracey get together with your ailments & share the remedies -- you gotta post photos -- ha!
Feel better!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

slow and steady :) best wishes!

Meagan Chaney Gumpert said...

Hey Meredith! Thinking about you and sending positive thoughts your way. Hang in there!

Slow but steady wins the race.

cindy shake said...

No fun at all being down! Especially when you're self-employed! Well at least you can get caught up on all of the summer Blogs :o) hope you feel better soon :o)

cookingwithgas said...

Yes- it would be a site to have me and Tracey with our wild colors and my pain pills- we could sell tickets!
Tracey I had to check my eye lids for holes around 10:30 today- it took about 15 minutes....I am happy to report no holes but I think I will be checking again today...

Mrs. G. said...

First, I covet those tomatoes down below. Little salt, little pepper, fresh off the vine...heaven.


Second, take it easy and feel better soon.

xxoox

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Hope the day is going better for you. Pain pills, blueberries, ice... Perhaps a few turtle eggs thrown in for good measure! Now, that would be a smoothie! Ew.