Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Knock knock-who's there?

Saturday night Mark and I had the fun of sitting with two 5 year old and a 4 year old at a cookout.
The night was filled with knock-knock jokes.
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Orange... it was looking like a long night.
Then at this age your attention span and bad broccoli take over and you are on to the next thing.
It was fun to watch their interactions with one another.
Our future.

We are working along on the gas kiln and the test for the back splash.
I fired my small test kiln yesterday and found that just a few degrees hotter and the glaze I wanted to use goes from a warm, glassy, golden yellow, that I want, to a more subdue green. Oh well- it was not me picking up the wrong brush it is the glaze.
Buggers!
I have other glazes that I can use that will not be so fussy- best go back to them.
Just allow me one minute of whine------ there- I'm done----- moving on now.






Yesterday was wet and a bit cooler.
This sassafras tree has been turning color while so many of our trees have not.
We did go up to Greensboro on Sunday and took some "wares" to the farmers market to sell.
It was not the best show ever but it pays a bill.
We did see that the Hickory trees are putting out a nice show of color and the other trees should be close behind.
I like it if they all turn and drop their leaves.
There was a year the Oaks held on and we had ice in November.
The combination was not good- with oak branches full of leaves that broke off and tried to remove the roof of the house.
So I have my eyes on those oaks.
They are showing just a tad of color.




I have not been able to get blogger to work with me on pictures.
I use to be able to load several at a time and now I spend way too much time trying to get it to even open my pictures.
Then I am back to one at a time.
And that is only if I cross my eyes, hold my tongue right and cuss like a sailor.
Ang has suggested I need to go to one of the new temtpales.
Well, that just takes time I don't have this week or next.
So- I will give it a go later and see if that helps.

Meanwhile! Send out word that the Clay and Blogs show comes down Sunday.
Go right now, jump in the car and go see it!
Also I am going to give a talk about it a week from Friday- more on that later.
Back to work!
M

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

glazes that turn from yellow to green strange, but heat will do that I guess; I've been posting to craigslist about the show rotating cities so folks won't miss it, can't wait to hear about your talk.

Tracey Broome said...

I have never been able to get blogger to load more than one pic at a time and it takes forever. But when I use a pic from another site it loads really fast. Don't know why.... the new template hasn't helped. See you Sunday to help pack up!

Mr. Young said...

I dearly wish I could have come to see the show. But thank you kindly for all the great pictures! Maybe one day I will move back to the States, and be able to take in the shows. Maybe even take some time and work under one of you fantastic potters there. It would definitely be an experience!

Judy Shreve said...

I'm finding 'blogger' to be a giant hassle these days. The uploading of pictures and formatting drives me crazy!
I miss hanging out with young kids -- oh those 'knock-knock' jokes -- hilarious, but can be oh so tiresome - lol.

Matthew S. Kennedy said...

Hi, I just wanted to know if you would consider following my blog cuz I need some followers: http://tootallspottery.blogspot.com/
If you follow me I will put you in to win a FREE handmade necklace!
Thank you, Matt

Anonymous said...

hi meredith, 5 year old conversations are the best and i'm steeped in them. my sassafras is looking pretty good this time of year too. is someone videotaping the talk you're giving? and are you gonna be cussing like a sailor during the talk?