Thursday, February 2, 2012

Collections

Just a quick fill in on the names for the collections and then I am out of here to get some things done.
We wanted the collections to reflex on the area that we live and work in so here is what we came up with that we feel fits well.

1. Piedmont: we live in what is refer to the Piedmont of North Carolina
2.Deep River: for the river that winds all around us and one that we have put our canoes in many times.
3.Whynot: this one explains itself.
4. Fork Creek: more water, a creek that runs through the road that we live on

The Glazes:
1.Sunrise ( yellow tones with streaks)
2.Long leaf (green)
3.Midnight (navy)
4. Wisteria (purple)
5. Copper  ( well coppery tones)



The contract came yesterday and will be signed today, mailed and we are well under way to working with Bobbie Cox of Dragonfly Designs out of Charlotte NC.
Thank you all for the warm and encouraging  comments as we embark on a new adventure.
Pictures soon, I promise!
M


7 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I like the names of the collection looking forward to seeing how they look, congrats.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

niiiiice :)

FetishGhost said...

I worked the path of the artisan for over a decade as a technical bronze artisan for art bronze foundries in the southwest.It was a smart choice that freed me up at the time to develop my own work without the pressure of sales. I guess I'm revisiting time that now too by getting a second job... but the freedom to create anything I want without worry feeeeeeels soooo goood!
I'm sure you'll enjoy it the change.

Anna M. Branner said...

So excited for the two of you!!

Unknown said...

They sound beautiful. I love that you used local names for your collections, makes it more personal and special.

Tracey Broome said...

Well, I think you should have a party, but who has time, you guys are going to be busy bees! I'm really happy for you and I love love the names. Suits your place and your work so well, it is all the essence of what Whynot truly is, yay for you and Mark!!!!!

cookingwithgas said...

Fetishghost- thanks, it helps to know that sometimes there are ways to do both. That is what we hope to do.
TB- we always have time for lunch!
and the rest of you wonderful readers- thank you and we will keep you posted!