This week is high production mode with some kinks thrown in for good measure.
|production- candle bottles 3 different sizes...|
On paper a straight sided bowl with a foot 4"X 10 inches finished.
So Mark made a few and I walked over and said- No to them. The shape screams problems to me.
Starting with the wide flat bottom, handling to trim and the ease of warping, plus she has no shape and no personality.
We decided this is a bowl that needs to be tweaked.
So we tweaked it.
Upper board left hand side. We scraped 2 of the prototypes and changed one to a heavy rim.
We have found a few things that just don't translate and lucky for us the designer understands when we tweak. We do let her approve the change, but it has been interesting to work from the drawings.
|never hurts to say good-bye............|
I am excited as we pull finished pots out of the bisque kilns and fill shelves with bisque for the collections. It will be fun to see these as they come out of the gas kiln.
The one we are calling Sunrise is one we have worked with for awhile.
We will have to be careful on how some pieces have the top wood ash glaze applied.
Otherwise we will be investing in more shelves.
The Long-leaf is a nice solid green with some speckles.
It is interesting to me to see the simplicity of this glaze.
They both play well with the fabric samples we have.
That is all I have today.
Best get cracking!