Sunday, November 29, 2015

Roasting Veggies



 I was in charge of all things vegetable for Thanksgiving.
I thought about all the normal sides that are made for thanksgiving and instead went off the grid and pulled out a book on roasting.
I love this methods of cooking vegetables. They all cook at 500 degrees in a short period of time. I find that most of the work is in the prep.
The broccoli and cauliflower get the same marinade, lemon, oil, salt, pepper and garlic.

The zucchinis get dill, lemon, oil, salt and pepper,            ( these turned out amazingly good).

The carrots, butter, lemon, orange juice, honey and ginger.

I love these because they can sit and be served at room temperature.
They were so good with the rest of the meal, even better the next day.

   I'll try to get you the details later.

Time to dash off.
Later!
M
 

9 comments:

Dennis Allen said...

looks good Hope you got to hug all the babies

Michèle Hastings said...

I am a big roasted veggie fan too. Yum!

smartcat said...

Looks delicious!
We roasted the turnips I add to the mashed potatoes on the grill. Makes for a flavorful dish.
Sunny day today; toes crossed that yours is the same.

DirtKicker Pottery said...

Love fresh veggies, especially served in beautiful pottery.

Laurie said...

Those all look and sound delish!

cookingwithgas said...

They are good.
I'll try to get the recipes up soon.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ho boy!

Lori Buff said...

Those look yummy.

Tracey Broome said...

I really need to live closer so I could invite myself over to eat your amazing food, you are such good cook!