Monday, February 25, 2019

Rain makes sunshine

 I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Then again neither does days of rain. What does make sense is how quickly you can forget the rain and all your troubles when the sun comes out.
We started out our day with no power, we ended our day with plentiful sun and warmth. The gratitude you feel as you walk in sunshine can not be explained, just absorbed.
What I noticed as we walked were small creatures happy that we had some sun.
We saw turtles piled on the banks at the zoo, even turtles need some sun to make them happy. I saw squirrels hanging in the nooks of trees getting their fill of sun. After endless rain we all wanted our fill. The cows were happy, we were happy, sun and power restored all in one day.
 At the zoo the trees were blooming red.
Look below at the turtles sunning.
Then look up -clouds!
Pretty clouds. The clouds were filled with animals, kings, faces, all drifting off for other places. I love a good cloud watch as the weather clears off. You see such things that can never be repeated.



 I am heading out to the studio this morning to finish some work I started weeks ago. I feel as if I an on a short ledge making yet another decision about the pottery, the school and what comes next.

Wish me luck,
M

8 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

There is nothing like a walk through the zoo on a sunny day. We are so lucky to have this treasure so close to us.

Barbara Rogers said...

I had to enlarge to see the turtles...at first I thought the drainage thing was what I was looking at. Ha ha. I gloried in sunshine yesterday, and again this morning!

cookingwithgas said...

We are lucky to have the zoo.

cookingwithgas said...

Those turtles were so happy sunning.

Laurie said...

"Even turtles need some sun to make them happy." So true, and it made me smile.

cookingwithgas said...

Made me smile too. :)

Hollis Engley said...

We're still looking for flowers here on Cape Cod.

cookingwithgas said...

I should have sent you home with flowers. I hope you see some soon, very soon.