Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Full moon

 I did tried to get a picture of the moonset the other morning and as you can see I need to work more with my camera on settings.
The bottom picture is the moon sign for all digital transactions. We use Square these days and I have found most people sign just like the picture below. I might need to borrow that signature, I think it could work for me.
PS- we do like square it has been great for us.




Shoofly Pie from, The Doubleday Cookbook

I recipe of a good flaky Pie crust

Filling:
2/3 cup of boiling water
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup of molasses ( I use grandma's brand)

Crumb topping:
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/4th tsp. salt
3/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350
Prepare or buy a ready made 9"pie crust.
Make sure this is deep dish, you will need it.
Do not bake crust.
Make crumb topping.
Sprinkle 1/3 in bottom of pie crust.
Make filling, I know looks weird as heck, but trust me it is fine, and pour directly on top of crumb mixture.
Cover with remaining crumb mixture and bake on center rack for 35-40 minutes.

I usually place this on a pizza or small cookie sheet in case of some overflow.
Cool and serve slightly warm unless you are Mark who prefers this cold the next day with coffee.
This is a pie you either love or hate.
Enjoy!
M

8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I wondered why I bought that jar of molasses, and can't wait to try this!

Laurie said...

I really should make J one of these.

cookingwithgas said...

It is a great PIE, not everyone likes it. For those that do it is amazing with a cup of tea or coffee. Let me know if you make one.

MH said...

Pie is on your mind today. I wholeheartedly support this line of thinking.

smartcat said...

ShooflyPie is a great favorite. My recipe comes from my Nanu, but is very much like yours.
Makes a great warm pie but I think I like it best as morning cake with tea.

Sandy Miller said...

I haven’t made one of these in years! At the moment I'm kind of pie-Ed out.....
Love the moon shots, NASA hasn’t commented?

Meredith said...

I would love to compare recipes with you, if you get a chance...

Meredith said...

Sandy, if I could only read moon.