Friday, March 27, 2020

Feet

 I have been looking at my feet a lot as I am walking. Why? Because I feel that I need to see where I am stepping.
When you look down you can see that there is another world that is going on just under our feet.

The hole on the right is a rabbit nest. Mom dug a hole that she could squeeze into and had two babies.
Yesterday Mom and the babies hid very quietly outside the nest while Mark fired the kiln.
You could just barley see them tucked up next to the kiln shed being very still, not moving an inch until he finished firing.

On the trail I saw this log covered with fresh mushrooms. I took a class with one of my friends on mushrooms back in the fall, but I will have to look these up, or have Laurie tell me what they are.
I do love the colors.


 Speaking of walking, as we walk down the driveway there are some very friendly cows that come running to greet us. You might think how wonderful it is to be greeted by the cows, but really, they are just looking for a hand out. They are saying, do you have any hay, we would love some hay, why are you walking past us?
Don't make eye contact keep moving.


On the pottery front.
Gas kiln fired yesterday, unloading tomorrow.
Pictures to come.
How about you?
Staying busy?

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Well, they could be turkey tails, if they're white on the underside. Pretty cool about the rabbit nest.

cookingwithgas said...

I have never seen a nest dug in like that one was.
The mushrooms were quite fresh. I did not see them the other day, I have to keep looking.