Monday, January 5, 2009

Baking bread, trim and putting up lights



We ran out of trim yesterday- I had to sand and paint more and it needed to dry.




So - make a sponge for bread and talk Mark into "helping" me put up lights in the house.





If you know me you know I am the helper.....
When we went to put the lights up we found the hole in the ceiling was bigger then the cuppy thing which goes over the hole- now it's Sunday afternoon and Lowe's is an hour trip if not more, the hardware is not open and I am thinking- what now. Mark does the old ah- ha and goes and gets one of the many junk Cd's they send in the mail. With some holes cut for the wires we fit this over the hole and place the cuppy thing up against that and - no hole and it looks just fine. What do you do with the ones you get in the mail?







5 comments:

Michael Mahan said...

Great trick.

I want to know what that doggy, piggy, brushy thing is in the first picture next to the mixer thing.

Michael

Gary's third pottery blog said...

tis a nice brush, and look at all us potter/bloggers baking.....

Judy Shreve said...

Very genius solution to the light 'thingy.'

And yes - it seems we are all bread bakers now. As John Britt mentioned the other day on the ncclay blog -mixing up bread is almost like mixing glazes - just tastes better - lol. I think my success rate is a little better with bread too.

cookingwithgas said...

Hi all-
It is a veggie scrubber I received as a Christmas gift from our daughter- but I think my mixer needs a pet don't you?
I am enjoying baking the bread. I baked some today- I'll post it up. I am taking some to a friend and then Mark will be happy to eat the other one.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of the sponge rising in the container. and the clothespinned flour bags. Very neat, and very neat trick both for using an unwanted CD and putting a shiny edge around your light fixture.