Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Wedding Tiles

The wedding is fast approaching- mid-May! I have been making the small 2x2 tiles from my plaster molds. I have 66 of the first design completed. I used a periwinkle glaze to go with the spring colors being used in the wedding attire.

On the back of each tiles I have written the name of the couple and the wedding date. It is our hope folks will enjoy these enough to keep them as a nice keep-sake from the wedding.



We realized we needed to shake thing up and add two more choices for a variety. That would allow couples to go home with two different tiles rather then two of the same.





I will be glaze testing these soon! Using either a purple or green.








The tiles below will go on a handmade table.
The colors for the tiles will be a royal blue and greens. I have them under wrap drying slowly.


8 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Wow, your tiles are so perfect; hope you post photos of the handmade table too, that looks interesting; maybe this summer I'll try some plaster molds. This is so much fun reading your blog over time since I remember your original post about the tiles; it's like reading a chapter out of a novel and then coming back a few weeks later and reading the next one. thanks. Oh, what kind of clay are you using for the tiles?

Annapants! said...

pretty! very well done!

mandolinartist aka amanda said...

Nice! This is a great idea.

cookingwithgas said...

I am using a Highwater clay body for the tiles. This is loafers Glory.
For some of my other tiles I use a red body. It depends on how I want to glaze them

Anonymous said...

We make 2 inch tiles (along with other sizes) at the shop where I work. While we leave a fair amount alone, we put magnets on a bunch. People who want a tile but don't know what to do with it love buying a 'frig magnet. Just thought I'd pass it along.

cookingwithgas said...

I did forget to tell you - that all the 2x2's get a magnet on the back!

jimgottuso said...

what a cool idea... looks like it will be a great success.

Ceramic wall tiles said...

How do you find the time?!

I think it is a great idea. If I got given one of those I would hold on to it for a very long time.

Claire
:)