Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rolling up hill

I had a bisque cooking in the lower room where I also wax pots and get things ready to glaze.
Rather then stand in there with the fumes going I thought I would make some small mugs.
I hit about 15 and then moved over to creamers- only 5 of those before noon.
The bisque finished up in time for me to air out, shut things up and use that heat to keep the room warm.
Then it was on to waxing pots for glaze.
Today's list includes unloading bisque, handling mugs and waxing.
Looks like I have a plan in front of me.



But first, a walk anyone?
Mark has been pulled away from his wheel more then he would like this year, but he did get some vases made for the crown.

I am thinking hard, don't laugh, about which glazes to use in this gas firing.
This will be firing number two for the new kiln and we will be working out more kinks.
We did make a fair number of seconds with the first fire and I hope we can make this load more winners than losers.

After some GREAT weather the wind blowing cold sneaked back in yesterday, but there was plentiful sunshine.
I am trying to figure out how to box some sunshine up and send it to Hollis up in Cape Cod.
It keeps leaking out of the boxes and I can't get in a bottle.
I'll  have to keep working on that.
Make it a good day!
M

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray for productivity. the cold came back here too. it's supposed to be 55 today but i'm already spoiled because that's just too cold to ride a bike. lovely pieces in the previous post.

Michèle Hastings said...

i am envious of your productivity! I can't seem to get into the groove this week.

Anna M. Branner said...

I just love your texture, even the simple lines on the mugs are really wonderful...

Sylvia N. said...

Nearly 24 inches of snow here over the last few days.....but the sunshine certainly helps, doesn't it? I love the look of your pots in series! You style is so developed! I will get there some day!

Anne Webb said...

Pots are looking good! Ahha.. re your blog comment. ;) Sometimes it takes a while to get to know a new kiln. Hope your second firing is a good one!

ang design said...

I laughed!!! :)) just taking a breather at the club my bisq kiln is done and waiting for the mid fire to finish, thought i'd do some catching up you look like your cranking :)) have a super hump day...

Laurie said...

A good day here! More paperwork and soap wrapping accomplished.

cookingwithgas said...

hello!-THANKS ALL- there is something about sunlight that makes me really want to work.
I must be part bear- i hate working in the winter.
More later
Chow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cookingwithgas said...

PS-ANG- I know you are laughing with me-not at me! :)!

ang design said...

always with ;))

Linda Starr said...

if only I could box sunshine and send it for a small fee, I might be able to make a tidy living at it.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Looks like me and Linda Starr could have a rockin' business selling a little coastal sunshine! She'd have the Florida territory and I'd have California's golden rays. Tidy living indeed!

Sure looks like you've been burning hot in the studio! Very productive!