Friday, March 2, 2018

Tiles and those crazy small items.



 I was pretty pleased with the firing for the last bit of tiles. I am always trying something new because that is just how the brain works.
And, I am always trying something new because I don't pay attention to the glazes and pick up the wrong glaze. The wings on the dragonfly below were in one glaze, and, then, just like magic, I picked up the wrong glaze and covered it with another glaze.
Well, let's just see what it does.
I like it. Can I repeat it? Maybe.
 The reason I take so many pictures is to remind me to remember what I did.
I can't remember why I walked into a room any more. When I go to glaze I start thinking again, maybe thinking too much. There are times you just need that inner voice to go silent.

The small tiles below I have made and glazed in the past usually using several glazes. This time I was under a time limit and just tossed them in a single glaze. I like them as well and I think they would be great as an accent in a bath or kitchen.

Here are more of those bits.
Buttons, and things that hang.
I just make them, you need to come do something with them.
More soon!
M

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great bits and bobs!

Laurie said...

I have been pondering some tiles along the back of the kitchen sink. We'll have to put our heads together.

cookingwithgas said...

Thanks Barbara!

cookingwithgas said...

Yes Laurie- let's do it!

Trish said...

Greetings, Meredith.. they are all great!! all those little bits add up to wonderful pieces that people love! Have a great 'almost Spring' day. Cheers from one last blast of winter snowfall Alberta! Trish