Monday, April 13, 2020

What's different

What are you doing differently at this time?
How are you spending your time?
I feel as if everything takes 10 times longer to get done than it did before we were asked to stay at home.
You really have to think more about what you are doing, when and where.
Going out use to be so simple, grab your keys and go.
Need milk, need bread, run out to mail a package, you just did those things with no thought.
Now we are thinking it through, what time should you go in order to see the least amount of people, wear a mask, gloves(?), take along hand sanitizer, what do you do?
For one I have stopped carrying anything I don't need, I have scaled it down to what can fit in my pockets, ID, card, a little cash, I might even leave my cell at home, depends.
What choices have you had to make in order to live day to day.

We have added some plants in to the garden, chard and tomatoes are in and now after weeks of waiting we hope this week to see the seeds and plants we ordered weeks ago. I know we should have done his sooner but we usually just, grab our keys and go pick up seeds, plants and such at a local greenhouse or while we are out.
I am already planning a fall garden since I think we are going to be behind.
How about you, planning on putting in what you can grow?

We have a family joke that dates back to when my son was young and eating a chicken leg. He took a bite, swallowed and then stated that we should plant a few rows of these. Startled I look at him and asked how many? He say 3, we would need 3 rows of chickens.
Now, his girls' will call me to ask for chicken seeds.
We think it's funny, family humor will get you through.

Here I go, new day, new world problem.
Remember to think before you act, read, be informed and voting is a right.
Wash your hands, be kind, love people, we are going to need a lot of love.
M





5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Indeed. I get in my car, and wear a mask just driving around. I bring things in the house I buy, and put them in the "dirty" place for at least 24 hours, unless they need refrigerating. I got a kick out of trying to disinfect a carton of eggs the other day. Finally gave up!

Laurie said...

Chicken seeds! Love will get us through.

cookingwithgas said...

Eggs.... and Chicken seeds. Might be a good song in there.

Linda Starr said...

only dh is going out and wears gloves and mask, has wipes to wipe steering wheel and door handles down, he brings it all on the back porch "special table" where he sprays it down with lysol, we planted too early and are having to cover our vege plants on cold nights, so far so good; in Arkansas folks called chicken eggs - chick fruit

Meredith said...

chicken fruit... haha