Monday, January 16, 2017

We are working

 We are working on a wholesale order this month and it is all in the iron red glaze. We feel lucky that it is in a glaze that Ms. B seems to like.

The iron red has stayed, but we are changing up the wood ash for one that works in Ms. B. We both would prefer to work with the old wood ash glaze but it is not as happy in this kiln- things need to be worked out and we may do that as time allows.

I hope you are all having a great start to our new year. We had the most wonderful weather this past weekend and I made sure to go walk over at the NC Zoo.
It has paid  to have a membership for us, and, if I want to walk alone, it is a safe place to be. Also, what a great place to people watch while I shake off the winter blues.
I am a fan of the two legged critters as well as the four. I am that person who tries to nod and say hello to everyone.

Be safe, be happy.
M


4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Link to the blog was a bit hard to find, after I went to your web page, I got it.
Lovely ash glaze. Keep on producing such beautiful works.

Laurie said...

That's a lovely trio of pots! We enjoyed the weather too. Once things dry out a bit more, I'll have to make the trek up your drive.

Dennis Allen said...

Great glaze combo. We have been in a weather pattern of a few very cold days , then a couple in the 50's then repeat. Really odd. I'm surprised we all do not have pneumonia......yet.

cookingwithgas said...

Plus having grandkids, and students now- makes me more of a target for the germ bank.